Images

Super Bowl Sunday!

Well I am not legally aloud to talk about the game, as that would be breaking NFL copyright. I will say it was good. Do people out side of America watch it? Care about it, ect? It's a HUGE deal here. Like, no one in my family likes The Ravens or the 49ers, but we still watched the entire game. I've always wondered what things are like in other places. It's one reason why I really want to travel. 

As someone who has lived in the same house their entire life I've noticed how easy it is to think everywhere is exactly like it is here. I mean of course there are McDonalds and WalMarts everywhere, but I'm talking the little things. Whether it be calling a pepsi Soda, pop, or coke. And just seeing what other people value and believe in. I really think that's interesting. 

Did you watch the game?

Love Always,
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I comment a lot, but then that's because I find what has been said interesting :)
    I'm English and Pepsi is either pop or coke although coke usually refers to actual Coka Cola.
    We of course have McDonalds in the UK, but not Walmart. A few of our ASDA supermarkets have the Walmart logo because they are owned by them but that all.
    I think the difference in language is interesting, especially the little quirks that Americans says that we don't.
    Like, it's considered cool to speak American slang in the UK, but our parents may sometimes tell us to speak 'properly' haha!

    Oh and I only learned what the superbowl was last year :/ A friend of mine is into it but that's all I know.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone here tries to speak with the stereotypical British accent. Lots of "mates" and "'ello." I had always figured that UK-ians thought how we spoke sounded really stupid, what kind of slang do people say? I'm SO jealous that there are not stores like Primark(?) here, they sound really cool!
    I REALLY appreciate the comments actually!

    Thank you!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of 'awesome' and 'dude' things like that, and my boyfriend sometimes says 'sidewalk' instead of 'pavement'. haha :)
    Primark is AMAZING, you have to go if you ever come to England. How do you know about it over there?
    My pink tartan pumps I featured somewhere on my blog are from Primark, maybe I'll do a primark post one day :)
    x

    ReplyDelete