Images

Icing

The best chocolate icing ever: I'm serious.

I've had several people tell me that! Here is the original recipe, I usually play with it a bit to get it to my liking. It's the one from the back of the Hersey Cocoa powder box.

2/3 c cocoa (I sift it)
3 c (sifted)
1 stick butter (1/2 c)
1/3 c Milk
1 tsp vanilla

Sorry I don't know the conversions..

melt butter. Mix in cocoa. Alternate adding powdered sugar and milk while mixing. (I have found that a hand mixer works better) Add milk to get the consistency you want. Add vanilla. Will last about 5 days refrigerated. It covers at least the same amount a normal store bought can would, and I am usually able to do a boarder or something with it as well. 
If you are a lover of chocolate this one is for you! I made a valentines day cake for Jesse today! I hope that his family likes it! 
Looks like I forgot to post the picture when I posted it...



The red hearts are made out of the melt-able chocolate, you can cover cake pops with it. The ones I have are Candy-Melts. I got them at Hobby Lobby, they're also at JoAnns, so really any craft store will have 'em. I melted a few squares following the directions on the bag. Then took my offset knife and smeared a layer of chocolate on some wax paper, and set my cookie cutter in it. I stuck it in the fridge for about 4 minutes, and wha-la, chocolate hearts. You'll probably have to play with the thickness to see what you like. The best part is, if you mess up you can eat it or melt it! 

Tips used: 
Wilton 3 for drop strings
Wilton star tip for Shell boarder( I can't remember the number right now..it was a smallish one though)

Love Always,

jessica



0 comments: