Images

Review: Henna Hair Dye

I dyed my hair with Lush's Caca Rouge Mama Henna Hair dye about a month ago and I thought I'd give it a little review. 
http://www.lushusa.com



If you can't tell by the name 'Caca' (poop) it is messy. It truly looks like you are smearing poop on your head. It's not as messy as I had suspected it was going to be. Although I kept my mixture pretty thick, and my mom is familiar with dying hair. 

First off it comes in this big block, kinda looks like a candy bar, and then you take however much you need (I used 3 squares, its half of what you get, I have shoulder length hair) and pour boiling water on it, melting it until you get the consistency you want. I added quite a bit of cinnamon as it adds to the redness of the color. Then you apply like you normally would. Many people complained about the smell, but I actually liked it. Which is a good thing, because whenever I get my hair wet the smell comes back. It smells earthy, and herb-y sorta. It is quite strong when you apply it. 

Once it is all on you'll want to wrap your hair on your head and cover with cling wrap. I left it on for a good 2 hours. You can sleep with it on, or leave it for however long you want. Washing it out was the hardest part I do believe. It turned back into sorta a muddy sand. Use LOTS of conditioner when washing it out.


Very unflattering. Hair is cling wrapped.


I really love the color of hair that it gave me. It's exactly what I wanted. And It looks super natural! Another thing is that it is good for your hair! there are no harmful chemicals and it's not animal tested. I think it's vegan too. 

If you are considering doing this you should know that once henna goes on your hair it DOES NOT come off. Regular hair dye does not work neither does bleach. You can only use other henna products to cover it. 

Before and After pictures:





That being said, I think it is totally worth it, and am going to do it again when my hair grows out as it has not faded! 

Love Always,
Jessica

0 comments: